Links are the most important thing in search engine optimization. Links helps in promotion of website keywords in the top of the search engine result page. Links should be relevant to the parent category and these should be from a valuable source which helps in quick ranking of websites in search engines.
In search engine optimization (SEO) terminology link building is the process of exchanging links with other Web sites to increase your own site’s quality backlinks. The process of establishing relevant, inbound links to your website is called link building which helps your website to achieve higher ranking in major search engines and drive targeted traffic to your website.
There are no shortcuts in a successful link building campaign and even when it is done properly, you should not expect to reap the benefits of link building overnight. Patience and persistence are the keys because it can take time to build links from credible sources. While link building is a key element of an Internet marketing strategy, link building alone will not help your site achieve its natural ranking in the search engines.
Benefits of Link Building:
The major benefits of link building are:
- Helps in generating high quality inbound links.
- Increase the visibility of websites and blogs.
- Helps in quick indexing of websites and pages in search engines.
- Receive more referral traffic to websites.
- Improve the domain and page authority.
- Increase brand visibility and brand authority.
- Increase the page rank of website and web page.
- Improves your website keywords ranking in major search engines.
Link building Advance Guide:
- Hire a link building expert.
- Use the relevant and appropriate category of your website.
- Make your content unique and easy to understand.
- Submit your website to a high PR directory like dmoz.
- Tag related social bookmarking sites like Del.icio.us.
- Submit your website to local and international business listing websites.
- Submit your website to different classified sites like Craigslist.
- Submit your website to Wikipedia.
- Go for blogging.
- Do not do any spam link building.
- Do not use no follow links.
- Go for paid quality back links.
- Use call to action in back links.
- Link to your site in all your social media platforms.
- Write a testimonial or a review of a product.
- Write reviews for local businesses like Yelp.